Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do the Math

Here's the final result of my baking/decorating session for tonight's cookie exchange.



Just plain old sugar cookies made a little special with the addition of some royal icing decorations.

I know I'm crazy because I love very detailed and tedious work such as this. I also love hand sewing, making the tiniest stitches.

Three batches of my sugar cookie recipe netted me 180 cookies, more than I actually needed. There were actually a few more but they were broken and had to be eaten. You know how that goes.

My high school math teacher is probably laughing up in heaven as he sees me do the math, especially after I announced to him that i would never, ever need math in real life.

180 cookies x 42 swipes of icing for each snowflake......

EQUALS

7,560 swipes of icing.

Well, now you know why my piping isn't exactly perfection.

Thanks for following along on my cookie baking adventure.

12 comments:

Chris said...

7,560 swipes of icing? I'd be in my wrist braces for days! You say they're not perfect. I say they are gorgeous!

What time do I arrive for the exchange?

Chris

Julia said...

Those are beautiful cookies. But you must have carpel tunnel now. :)

I must admit I could not pass one by without wanting to munch their loveliness!!!

Thanks for joining the cookie exchange.

Mary Rex said...

Your cookies look wonderful...and the piping is great! Especially when you see all the cookies together. What a lovely effect. I bet they are tasty too!

George Gaston said...

A plus for both your math skills and your creative skills. It takes a steady hand & patience to do that type of piping. Bravo!

And they look delicious, too.

Liz in PA said...

SUZANNE<-----YOU ARE GOOD!

Could you share "your" sugar cookie recipe and the royal icing with us?
I think they are SUPER!
And I know the exchange people will admire and be very appreciative of all your hard work!

YUM YUM !! ♥♥♥

Mary said...

they turned out really pretty. I bet they will be the hit of the party. I second the request for the recipes.

One Gray Hair At A Time said...

I too would love to have your recipes. Always looking for a good sugar cookie one.

Suzi said...

Beautiful job! If only I could pipe that nicely.

Paula B. said...

Haven't been visiting for a long time...did you miss me?

The cookies are so lovely.

I enjoy making beautiful, festive cookies, but haven't participated in an exchange for many years.

The ladies will really appreciate your effort, I'm sure.

horse loving lineman's wife said...

I think they look (and probably taste) wonderful. You can come and decorate my sugar cookies anytime!!

theUngourmet said...

Cute cookies! It's nice to see you over on the cookie exchange. :D

Anonymous said...

So simple and sooo pretty!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal