Friday, November 12, 2010

Creativity and other cool stuff

Blah, blah, blah.... blabbedy, blah, blah!!!!

What's that gobbeldy gook you ask? It's me, blabbering away. This is the way my November is going for sure. I think that I'll just hibernate until the first of December and crawl back out from under the covers.

What's happened, you ask? Right now I'm not feeling the Blogger love.

I spent the good part of an hour this morning putting together a post jam packed with interesting and funny stuff. I did and I titled it, "Creativity and Other Cool Stuff". And then I hit the publish button.

ERROR 400 - BAD REQUEST

Really? Really?? Blogger sneezed and somehow everything went poof? I was too tired and disgusted to figure it out so instead I went shopping. Five for $5 day at Salvation Army and a church rummage sale on the way. I felt better.

Got home and consulted my crib sheet on what to do when this type of error message disaster strikes. I repaired the Disk Utility. Now, understand I don't know what that means or why I would do it, but a notecard I created the last time tells me to do this.

No luck. ERROR 400 - BAD REQUEST. Drat.

Back to the drawing board and another hastily scribbled index card that says, DELETE COOKIES. I struggle in my woefully ingorant way to find preference.... OH, NOT the computer preferences, the Safari preferences. This is painfully slow when you don't know what you're doing.

Find the Security tab...... show the cookies. Decide which cookies you're going to delete. Who the hell knows? I make a bold move and delete all the cookies. The cookies are all tossed into the food grinder and away they go to la-la land. Hopefully I don't need any of them. Oh well, too late.

Restart the computer. Just because I feel you should always restart after messing around with a very pricey piece of equipment.

Fingers crossed I try to connect to Blogger again..... SUCCESS!!! And here I am blabbering away about ridiculously boring stuff.

Come back tomorrow and I'll be back in the game. (Fingers crossed)




4 comments:

life in red shoes said...

This is exactly the reason I don't like computers! You can never argue with them and win!!!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Yep, the only way to win an argument with a computer is to turn.it.off.
Then it sits there beckoning and cajoling you to turn it back on.

Farmhouse Soaps said...

Hang in there friend! I know just how you feel. I was putting together the most interesting blog post, went to upload an boatload of pictures....NOT!
Technology - we can't live with it and we can't live without it!
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!
Marianne

libby said...

I love your tenacity and common sense...well done!