Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Weather.... .always!

Well, people out here like to talk about the weather. That's because it always gives us something to talk about. Today the weatherman has issued a warning for northern Illinois and the Chicagoland area, which includes us. They are calling for a derecho. This is the first time I've heard this term, although I've seen plenty of bow echoes. Evidently it involves a fast moving storm with hurricane force winds. They also mention that one blew through here last June. I remember it but I wasn't aware of what it was called. In the matter of about 15 minutes the weather changed from dead calm to gusts of 70 mph and believe me when I say the speed and ferocity certainly gets your attention. Everything that wasn't tied down took off. Thankfully a tornado didn't develop.

My biggest challenge is to convince the Other Mother that she can't go out in the yard to do "a little work". Like I said, last year's storm came in like a freight train. The car is safely tucked in the garage to avoid hail damage. Hail can total your car. I ran out to do a quick errand and although it was windy earlier today, now it's incredibly hot and humid and the air is dead still. That gives people in Illinois the creeps because the air is ALWAYS moving around here. Dead calm means "danger coming." So, I'm shutting down the computer and unplugging it to prevent a surge. I'm bringing in the lawn chairs and being thankful that we had the half-dead tree next to the house cut down a couple weeks ago. Phew!! Everyone stay safe. I intend to do the same with my sheltering plans in place. Like the Boy Scouts say, BE PREPARED!

28 comments:

Debbie said...

Hope all remain safe and sound. In spite of the time I spent safe-ing everthing around the yard, looks like it may remain North of us and right on top of you! You're right, the wind is usually moving all the time here.
Dinner in the basement and a few hands of dominos are a good idea!
Debbie

Terri said...

Good thing you have basements there. Here in CA - none...our weather isn't that scary though... Stay safe!
Hugs

Sandy said...

We had a hail storm a couple of years ago and now my car looks like it has cellulite!!! Roof repairers started coming out of the woodwork. They were everywhere. Hope you stayed safe.

life in red shoes said...

You're back? YOU'RE BACK!!!!
I have some catching up to do!

Vee said...

You didn't blow away again did you? I heard this term for the first time that week, too. Where do they keep rounding up the new names?

The weather stinks. June has been a bust. Looking forward to July.

dot said...

Suzanne, are you doing this again?!?!? I was so happy to see you back,, and now I can't find you again!!

preeti said...

I had to face this. I have shifted my RTM house on my farm . Difficult times i must say.
RTM houses

Millicent said...

Hope all is well with you. Miss your posts.

Sharon said...

I hope you are well. I haven't checked in for a long time but tonight made a point to log into blogs I haven't visited...well, in a coon's age. Glad to see you were able to relocate your sewing studio. I never had a designated room until last year. What a gift! I will be sure to check back in before so much time goes by next time ~

Vee said...

I am here because of the rotten news concerning the rotten weather out your way. Hoping that all is well with you and yours...

Millicent said...

I saw the weather in your area yesterday and thought of you. Hope all is well. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Gone again? This time I delete from favorites. Tired of checking. You've given up, and I give up.

Millicent said...

Praying for you and your family this Christmas season...

Vee said...

Gosh, you are missed! Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year.

Merisi said...

Greetings from Vienna!
Missing you,
Merisi

Millicent said...

Was just thinking about you today. Sure miss your posts and hope all is well with you.

Anonymous said...

Miss you much, where you are/doing...

Chris said...

I am going to make your sour cream apple pie recipe again... miss you and hope everything is okay or at least good enough. Thinking of you and hope you blog again. Chris from Vermont

Sharon said...

Hello from Maine. You come to mind from time and time, so I wanted to stop and say hello. Hope all is well ~

Vee said...

Is it wrong to keep popping up here? Miss you still after all these months (27 if we're counting.)

Millicent said...

I'm with Vee. Miss your posts. You're like a comfortable old friend we come back to have coffee with. Hope you are ok.

Clipping Path Service said...


I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks

David millar said...

The information is very good and very useful.

Photo Editing Services

Clipping Path Services said...


Great sites.Very helpful blog for me.Thanks for sharing this blog

Anonymous said...

Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

ebony lorange said...

This is an excellent topics you have written and shared. Keep up continue sharing. Image Retouching
Photo Editing Helps
Neck Joint
Photoshop Guideline
Clipping Path Tutorial
Drop Shadow Helps
Background Remove
Image Editing
Image Cut Out
Photo Manipulation

Winston A Edgeworth said...

Thank you very much for sharing, hope to see more small jaw crusher price
stone crushing jaw crusher
automated palm oil processing machine
batch type palm oil refining machine
machine oil press
mini oil press

UK Tarpaulins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.