Wednesday, June 25, 2008

10,000 Ears of Corn - 1,500 lbs. of Steer

Mark your calendars.

Let's make a date.

The weekend of July 26th we're going to the Sugar Grove Corn Boil.

Photobucket

It's gonna be you and me and 10,000 ears of corn!

But before that we're going to take in the Kane County Fair.
Mark your daytimer or enter it into your Crackberry -

July 16th through July 20th.

What do you think? Should I enter something into the fair competition?

There will be plenty of cold drink because it's usually very hot.


Photobucket

It's a long five days for the kids showing livestock. But some of them have added to the college funds when the prize winners are auctioned off.



Photobucket

It's awesome to see a confident young woman control a 1,600 lb. steer.



Photobucket

You go girl!!

Remember, we've got a date.

8 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

Thanks for all your comments on my blog , wondering when do your kids get out of school and when do they go back to school? Ours start back in September .

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember (vaguely) when kids were home for the summer. I'm 51 now and my "kids" are 29 and 33. Sat around after two days and grumbled they were bored. I put their a** to work cleaning and they quickly found things to do!
Brenda

kari and kijsa said...

Gulp...droll...just podering how delicious that con will be!!! mmmmmm...

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Found you by way of Bunnies Bungalow. GREAT blog. Fun to be had here and thats what I like. Your festival sounds fun!

I will be back.
Come and visit me sometime.

Cottage Rose said...

I love county festivals, we have a county fair in Sept. I love to enter things I have made. A couple of times I won,I was soooo excited. Knowing some one felt that what I made was worth a ribbon, I still have them. And the corn roast sounds yummy. Wish I could go. Please share some photos.

hugs;
Alaura

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Now this post makes me homesick. It's almost county fair time back home. I can almost taste that corn on the cob!

Vee said...

Yup, that gal is dripping with attitude and confidence.

Rue said...

You go girl is right! Are you sure she's working the steer though? LOL