The very first time I logged onto the internet was over 10 years ago. It's a wonder that I even figured out how to turn the computer on. Back then I was using an old boxy unit topped with a very small screen that was approximately 2 feet deep! In the intervening years my already pathetic computer skills did not progress with the technology.
I'm afraid to admit that until recently I had no idea what an RSS feed referred to and I certainly didn't subscribe to any feedburners. The truth is that each morning I would waste an interminable amount of time clicking on each link on my sidebar to see who had updated their blog. That's just plain crazy!! Thankfully I ran across someone who was discussing Bloglines or half my life would have been devoted to the link list.
Currently I have subscribed to 88 feeds and that's clearly not enough to keep me happy. Very few bloggers update daily and I have a voracious appetite when it comes to reading blogs. I love to read about how people live in different corners of the world, and I am truly interested in what makes people tick. Do you subscribe to a large number of blogs?
My blog appetite is eclectic and it does not match blog-for-blog the link list on my sidebar. My subscriptions include:
- Missionaries living in Honduras
- A man who is struggling to raise a baby after his wife dies shortly after the baby's birth.
- My former publisher and best boss, ever!
- Several families who live overseas (Diplomatic corps)]
- An Army recruiter's wife
- Several farm blogs
- A couple decorating blogs
- At least one food blog
- Corey at Tongue in Cheek (a class all her own)
- A good dose of crafty bloggers
- One REAL WRITER (the paid variety)
- One very, VERY successful mommy blog. It is so terrible and mean spirited. I shouldn't bother with it, but it's like a train wreck, you just have to look.
- One exotic blog.
- And lots and lots of just plain nice people who write about the beauty in the ordinary.
I wonder, what category I would fall under? Hmmmmmm.
Anyway, I'd love to hear about your blog reading habits. Feedburner? Not? Tell me about your must-reads because I need more .....FEED ME.