Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Morning Staff Meeting

Today is going to be in-service day here "At Home". Traditionally that's the day that management forces you to sit in all day meetings that educate and inform you. Usually they feed you a nice lunch to make it all seem worthwhile.

For our in-service day I thought you might like to learn something about how some people out on the prairie decorate for Christmas. We may live 9 miles from anything, but we only live 4.52 miles from this display. It's a very large mansion on a small two lane country road. You pull your car off the road the best you can and turn your radio to the Larsen family station and watch the show.



He's a successful local landscaper whose best friend is the electric company. The display is unbelievable. If you go over to You Tube you can watch some additional songs set to music.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kelly can teach us all something about courage and faith. I invite you to take a few moments from your busy day to hear what she has to say.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You must see the doghouse video.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I haven't decided whether I'm going to add this to my blogging plate but even if we don't make a commitment to post a Small Grace everyday we should still have it in our minds. It's called the 365 Days of Grace in Small Things project.



It's a good idea to find meaning and joy in the small things. The big moments are not as meaningful as we might believe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My choice for Holiday Product-of-the-Year is wrapping paper that we purchased at Kohl's. It's made by Cleo and it's simply genius. The front side is printed with a nice pattern and the back is also printed with a grey one-inch grid. You can cut a perfectly straight line all the way across the width of the paper.

Sheer genius.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I invite you to add something to the agenda. Anything on your mind? The floor is open....comments? Questions?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'd love to serve you lunch but it's 40 degrees below zero wind chill and I'm going to jump back under the covers and read. You have my I.O.U. for lunch sometime soon.

Thanks for stopping by today and keeping me company while the wind howls outside.

12 comments:

Heidi said...

I am under the covers with ya!! Its -21 right now and the wind chill is around -40 here too!!! Do you think we get the same wind???LOL LOL The light show is AWSOME, but I dont think I could watch it for long - the blinking gives me a bit of a headache... LOL

BTW,here *hands Sue some socks* put some socks on - your feet are making my feet cold!!!!! and dont snore ok!!! LOL

Heidi said...

its minus 21, it looks funny in my other comment..

Vee said...

Hmmm, Kelly's message just knocks my socks off. Amazing words, powerful words, truer words ne'er spoken.

Wow! You can't say that you live out in the sticks anymore. We lived 9. something from a doctor's house like that. He didn't do it this year so the world is a bit more dim. I've been in trouble with "Audrey" on my blog for saying an uncharitable thing so I'll say that this is "inspired." And that is true, it is.

I saw the doghouse video awhile ago...laughed myself silly. Showed it to the man who grimaced and walked off. Hmmm...

What's on my mind? My dil's apron is not going to work for her...wrong shade of green entirely so I must get crackin' on a new one. There are bigger concerns in the world, but this is my main one today.

Have a good one...stay hunkered down. Cookie baking perhaps?

PatQ said...

We went and saw the light show last night. We took the dogs and even they sat and looked with amazement.

lisa said...

I think I will participate in the 365 Days of Grace in Small Things project but will add a twist - combining the things that have graced my life with the things I am so desperately homesick for - thanks for the link - stay warm!

Lisa said...

The doghouse video is hilarious! I made my husband watch it...was that subtle enough??

This morning in Bama we woke up to cold weather and of course have been complaining a bit. But after hearing -40, I need to shut up. It was 15 at 6:30 a.m. and will be 30 in the afternoon. I do hope you have no plans to go outdoors!!

Cindy said...

I am such a lurker - today I must tell you how much I enjoyed the message from Kelly. We have a little family blog and I have shared your blog with them so they can see that video.

Thanks - I enjoy looking in everyday, lurker that I am!

Jenni said...

Holy cow! Can you imagine that electric bill? We have some houses like that (minus the Christmas display as far as I know) out here. You'll be driving along an awful dirt road or some little two-lane asphalt road and they appear out of nowhere. Our high school's home cross country meet is held at such a place every year.

Kelly's video brought tears to my eyes. I hope everyone is fortunate enough to have such friends. I know I do, even if many of them are online.

As much as I hate jewelry store commercials, I had to love this one. I have to say that I'd be as happy with the extra computer memory as I would the necklace, though. In fact, I'd prefer it. The vacuum? Not so much.

The 365 Days of Grace thing looks interesting. I'm off to check it out now.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Agenda item - Sheer genius
****************
do you watch that TV show? I really like it although I have nothing in common with anyone on the show. :-) I never used any spray, dye, or had a makeover.

Anonymous said...

It's -12 here so we must be in the warm part. :)

Love the dog house video. I just gotta past that one on.

StitchinByTheLake said...

We Will Transcend....wow! Love that. Made me cry though. It's not as cold here as it is there - but I'm still gonna get under the covers. :) blessings, marlene

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Suzanne; I am sitting with my fleece wrap on. We are having very cold weather here too. And lots of snow and ice storms soon to start. So I am all cozy in my home surfing blog land. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Hugs;
Alaura