Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Field Trip - Nada Farm Barn Sale

Let's go inside the barn and see what we can find. The first thing is a lovely vignette. There's a water fountain an architectural piece and an old wire gate.

Photobucket

This is the very beautiful check out area. Anne Marie's children were helping out.

Photobucket

I have a week spot for old suitcases and picnic baskets.

Photobucket

There were beautiful arrangements everywhere you looked. Lots of inspiration. This area had books covered in pages from old books. There were also some covered in paper with antique looking calligraphic writing. This is something I'd love to try.

Photobucket

Here's the lovely Jen Rizzo. Love the dress.

Photobucket

Fifi O'Neill was there, signing copies of her book, Romantic Prairie Style.

Photobucket

Don't you LOVE those cowboy boots filled with flowers? More inspiration. Now I've just got to find some boots.

This totally cracks me up. "Sorry, I've got to go out into the cornfield to take this phone call."

Photobucket

Thanks for coming along to the barn sale. Although the magic of technology allowed you to share the experience, I truly wish you could have been there in person with me. We would have sit a spell in this spot, enjoyed the evening breeze and some conversation.

Photobucket


WINNERS

The winner of the guess-where-we're-going portion of the contest is:

B.V.

The winner of the hasoo-she-given-herself-a-photoshop-facelift portion of the contest is:

Marilyn

You know the drill. E-mail me with your address.


5 comments:

Becky K. said...

Oooh, that looks like fun!
Beautiful finds and lovely displays.

Lisa D. said...

I really wish I could have been there! We just don't have that kind of thing up here.

bv said...

HE HA...i won! makes my day....
bv says thank you!

Connie (aka LOU) said...

Suzanne -

You took some great photos and items that I did not see......and I think I got there around 5:30. So much to see and such lovely surroundings. Thanks for sharing in your blogs.
Connie (akalou)

Crafting Marfa said...

I love old suitcases too. Unfortunately, I don't have any. I do have a picnic basket. Maybe someday I'll get to use it...lol Oh, and whoever created the little vignette with the the rusty, old chairs, the little table and the adorable, old tins is a genius in my book. If saw that anywhere I would be FORCED to stop, take a photo and drool all over it. People who only like brand new stuff don't know the fun that they're missing.