Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Read the Directions Before Proceeding

Have you tried the refrigerated cookie dough that's available in the stores?

Photobucket

The Other Mother has a wicked sweet tooth and although I'd rather keep these types of things out of the house she won't be deterred. The new nurse informs us that as you get older your taste buds die out and the last to go are the ones that can detect sweetness, thus the wicked sweet tooth.

I'll have to admit the cookies are very, very good and there's no muss or fuss in the kitchen. However, it's probably a good idea to read the directions (and packaging) first.

Photobucket

Uh oh....... I think I'm in some serious trouble.


6 comments:

Vee said...

Really? Cuz I thought that was the one reason I was buying those kind of cookies so that I could eat raw dough. Shoot! I didn't know that about taste buds, though it might explain why all my grandmother really enjoyed was peanutbutter fudge.

Kay said...

LOL - I imagine their lawyers made them put that on there. Just in case someone gets sick from eating cookie dough with raw eggs in it. I'll take my chances! :)

life in red shoes said...

Oooooooooo, hope you're OK?
And I think that tastebud thing nust be true. My Grandma will be 104 next month, and she still like a good chocolate:)

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Suzanne!

What's the fun in THAT!??!!
We eat it all the time and so far....we're still alive and kickin'!

Hope to see you on Friday at the Ball, Cinderella?
:)
Hope so.
xx
Alison

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Think you're on to something there about the taste buds in older folks. Although, my OM can detect/detests anything spicy hot, but that's not new. lol

My OM has been telling me about the perils of eating raw eggs/dough issue & I've not experienced a problem. I do so enjoy testing dough! Please let us know if you are okay.
peace

Anonymous said...

My mother used to try to keep us away from the cookie dough by saying, "You don't want to eat that! It's got raw eggs in it." And it actually worked for me. I very rarely even taste the raw dough.
Marilyn from Norfolk