Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Monday Morning Staff Meeting on Tuesday

Good morning everyone! Sorry for the delay in the meeting but I spent all day yesterday preparing a birthday dinner for our son. His birthday was actually on Saturday but he had to work.

We had stuffed pork loin roast, baked potatoes and green beans. For dessert we had something that I'd like to share with you this morning, pumpkin cheesecake with chocolate shortbread crust.

Photobucket

It's positively delicious although not super cheesy tasting, it's more like a very light and fluffy pumpkin pie. I think you'll enjoy it.

Here's the recipe. I think I found this via Pinterest.

BROWN SUGAR CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD CRUST

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've been very, very busy sewing in my studio. The cupcake ladies have placed an order and I'm also meeting with them to hammer out the details about selling my wares in their bakery. One of the packaging ideas that I've come up with is to sell a basic butcher type apron that's been rolled up and placed inside a large Mason jar. This is another idea that I saw on Pinterest. What do you think?

Speaking of sewing, the winning name for my sewing machine has been chosen and the winner is......

PEGGY LEE

My turquoise vintage machine is named Beverly after actress Beverly Garland. Before she starred in My Three Sons she was a renowned "screamer" in B movies. So it just makes sense to have a screamer and a singer in the studio.

Adele, please send me an e-mail with your address and I'll send out a package of goodies sewn by Peggy Lee!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've joined the Zooniverse. Have you heard about it? Here's the description:

"The Zooniverse is a collection of web-based Citizen Science projects that use the efforts and abilities of volunteers to help researchers deal with the flood of data that confronts them."

They've set up sites where you can help classify galaxies or other projects. I'm involved with the Seafloor Explorer. It's very relaxing for me to sit and classify stuff on the ocean bottom. It kind of clears your mind. See what you think.

SEAFLOOR EXPLORER

ZOONIVERSE - REAL SCIENCE ONLINE

OK, that's all for today. I've got to get these sewing machines fired up! Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

Vee said...

Ahhh, no, I'm not into watching the sea floor. I've got all I can handle helping Captcha with my German lessons. Ha!

Great name for the sewing machine...Adele did a wonderful job.

Yes, I very much like the idea of an apron tucked into a canning jar. Sounds cute. Great packaging.

That cheesecake looks great and, if my daughter liked cheesecake, she might be getting one for her upcoming birthday. Thanksgiving is coming, though!

Mary Rex said...

Peggy Lee is cute and fits well with Beverly. Bev and Peg.

I love pumpkin anything, so I just might try this. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Katharina said...

I thought Zooniverse sounded great, so I logged right on and began to transcribe old ship logs (1884) weather reports. HOO-BOY! Don't think I can keep that up. The brief tutorial was way too little and I didn't locate their question/answer board until I spent two hours on one log page! I may have deleted all my work, I am still unsure. Maybe I had better try classifying stuff. The fancy script on these logs are hard on the eyes as well. Faded ink and some incredible penmanship! Thanks, the idea is great. Maybe I have picked the wrong project and should change to something more relaxing.