Saturday, June 28, 2008

What a Day!

I want to thank EVERYONE who took the time to visit and leave comments yesterday at the Summertime Picnic planning event.

And a special thanks to Heather and Tiffany at The Secret in the Sauce for creating such a great place. In case you haven't guess by now, my blog was their Feature of the Day. What a great idea these ladies have come up with. The comments are so appreciated because we all spend time writing and gathering photographs for our daily posts and we like to know that we're not talking to ourselves!

The entire day was good for my self esteem. HECK, I felt like queen of the prom or better yet Parade Queen riding in a nifty vintage car.

caddy
(Milk Days Parade - Harvard, Illinois)


The vintage photos are all from my collection. I have plenty of old family photos but that never stops me from buying other people's family pics at estate sales and flea markets. I can spend hours pouring over old photos. All the other photos on this site are taken by me, I have probably 10,000 images stored here and there. Feel free to use them, just remember to "credit source".

The rendition of "Summertime" that was accompanying yesterday and today's post is by the Preservation Hall Band from New Orleans. It's where the Farmer and I spent our honeymoon, and many hours were spent sitting on the floor at Preservation Hall, listening to their jazz band.

Be sure to come back tomorrow because it's our weekly trip in the Wayback Machine. The picture will be vintage but I'll be putting all the picnic food out. I've had to rent extra tables and hire some crowd control.

Don't miss it, it's going to be fun. We're also going to draw the winner for the apron.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

18 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Holy cow, you got a lot of comments on that last post! That is cool that you were the feature of the day, I'll have to check it out.

You have a great blog, your self-esteem should be high just because you are AWESOME.

Happy weekend, dear!

Unknown said...

Great blog! I love the vintage photos (I thought I was the only one who collected other people's photos!) You are now on my blogroll, so I'll be checking back daily.

Keep up the great job!

Deanna said...

LOVE your blog! So glad that you were featured on SITS because it means I discovered another great blog to read.

Rene said...

I too thought I was the only one who liked other peoples old pics!!! It sounds like there are a lot of us out there -- well, at least 3! Gosh that makes me want to go antique-ing today and looks for old pics! Wow...another reason not to do my laundry!

Tiffany said...

Okay, I LOVE that you buy other people's photos. I love other people's photos ad linens. For some reason, I feel like those two things really tell their story.

Great job yesterday. The picnic was awesome.

Chris said...

Suzanne, I love home-town parades! Here, we do a vintage tractor parade on 4th of July. Fun, fun fun!

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! So...Please hop on over to my blog. I have presented you with an award!

Chris

Unknown said...

I think I might have another hobby, collecting other people's old photos. Now that I know that it's not a slightly bizarre thing to do, seeings that there are others that do it, including you and you are soooo cool :-)

Great picnic!!

life in red shoes said...

I could feel the bloglove all the way over here! Congratulations Suzanne!

Heidi said...

Vintage photos are THE BEST! I love to look at those old pictures and try to imagine what hopes and dreams they had for thier lives. What love must have been like for them... so cool!! :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

It makes me a little bit sad to see people's old photos for sale. Sad because I have stacks of old photos where I have *no* idea who is in those pictures. I so wish they were labeled!

I loved the picnic yesterday...and am looking forward to round two tomorrow!

DunnRight said...

Did you get to throw candy? Haha, I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the parade in Harvard, Illinois, on today's post! It reminded me a bit of the mythical Stars Hollow of "Gilmore Girls" (TV) fame. Being a longtime fan of small towns, I appreciate the fact that you seem to have that sensibility as well, or at least it glimmer through your work. I'm incurably nostalgic, I know, and glad I'm not quite so alone.

Cottage Rose said...

Wow so many comments how long did it take you to read them..... You must have tired eyes by now. hehe. I love old photos too whether they are mine or someone else s. The picnic was great. Have a great weekend..

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

This makes me want to be in the parade. I love this photo!

Cookie

Vee said...

This is just great! I hope that a whole lot will keep coming back for your blog is too fantastic to keep under wraps. Yahoo!!

Suzanne said...

Thanks everybody for visiting and commenting. I'm worn out from this picnic stuff.

Today's photo was taken at the Milk Days Parade in Harvard, Illinois. It was such a terrific small town parade. Oh, I'm going to have to find the picture of the old ladies.

- Suzanne

Heather said...

Yay!!! I knew you'd be a huge hit!!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer