OK, I guess I've got baseball scores on my mind. After all, we're in northern Illinois about 50 miles west of Chicago and we're all dreaming of a subway series. It could happen, if only in my dreams.
Yesterday my intention was to install a toilet. I'd taken a demonstration class at the local home improvement store and was feeling somewhat capable. Unfortunately the toilet, the uneven concrete underlayment and the incorrect alignment of the flange had other ideas. I probable could have surmounted one problem, perhaps two but the combination of problems was a perfect storm of difficulty.
I called a local handyman to come to my rescue. He's installed many, many toilets and had all kinds of tricks up his sleeve. Before the toilet could devise another troublesome strategy it was installed and operating.
Many years ago I learned to ask for help when I'm over my head. Thankfully it didn't break the budget. One more item off the very long list of things to finish in the basement.
THE DREADED LIST OF DOOM
- finish laying and grouting approximately 500 sq. ft of porcelain tile
- finish painting 1/2 of basement
- decide on how to finish stair steps
- install railing
- build two low bookcases for each side of the fireplace
- finish the build out on the bar
- install back bar cooler, ice maker
- have electrician install flexible track lighting over bar
- have pool table re-assembled and re-felted
- have projector and screen installed
- sew drapes
- find and hang artwork
- take a shower
- have a party
Have a great Saturday everyone. I'm going to be helping the Farmer dig and pour a concrete footing for the natural gas powered generator he's having installed. No more power outage floods for us!!