Friday, February 13, 2009

Gone Fishing

FIguratively, not literally.

Today the Farmer and I are leaving on a cruise along the Baja peninsula. The ship boasts an internet cafe but I'm not sure if I'll be posting from the Pacific. We'll see.

Photobucket

We flying out a day early to avoid weather complications that have foiled many a traveler. We're determined not to miss the boat. Here's our itinerary so that you can follow along and make up stories about what we're experiencing.

SATUREDAY - Los Angeles, board the ship starting at 1 p.m. Sailing at 4 p.m.

We're first and foremost flatlanders, children of the midwest willing to do battle with tornados. But we are hoping to avoid

Photobucket

The Farmer does like to point out that we live in close proximity to the most dangerous fault in North America - the New Madrid zone.

SUNDAY - at Sea, soaking up rays. The Farmer says he intends to drink and gamble, but I know better. He will sleep in the sun.
MONDAY - Cabo san Lucas - We're going on the whale watching excursion. Read about it and watch the video HERE. I would really love to do the Zodiac version of this tour, but I'm getting a little old for that kind of action. Besides, they serve cocktails on the larger ship.
TUESDAY - Mazatlan. We'll tour Mazatlan, including the cathedral, the crazy cliff divers and those guys who hang from their ankles and spin from a pole. Yep....they do. Read more about it HERE.
WEDNESDAY - Puerto Vallarta where we'll be visiting two places that are only accessible by sea....no roads. This is our type of adventure. Read more about Yelapa & Majahuitas.
THURSDAY - Relaxing at sea.
FRIDAY - More relaxation at sea.
SATURDAY-
Los Angeles and back to Chicago and reality.

We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Star. Follow the link and take a look. If you look on the right hand side you'll see a link to the ship's live web cam. In the bottom left hand corner there appears to be a hot tub. I promise to find this hot tub and wave up at the camera. See if you can catch a glimpse of me in my tropical print bathing suit.

Promise to behave while I'm away. I don't want any reports of malicious behavior. Have fun while I'm away. If you would like you could cruise through my archives and see what I was up to this time last year. I'll miss you all terribly.

UPDATE: The Farmer and I are at Chicago's O-Hare airport waiting for our flight to L.A. Because the Farmer does alot of travel, he belongs to the Admirals Club. Believe me, this is the way to live. No sitting in uncomfortable waiting areas at the gates...... drinks, free snacks and cookies, food available for purchase, internet access, comfy chairs overlooking the runways. I could get used to this.

Well, I'm off. Behave yourselves. As Heidi mentioned, someone needs to take charge of the Monday Morning Staff Meeting. Fight it out among yourselves.

Love, Suzanne

29 comments:

Lori said...

You have a wonderful relaxing time. Lucky you and smart thing to fly out the day before. It sounds like ti could get yucky again tonight.

chocolatechic said...

OH...have so much fun, and soak up the warmth.

Bring some back, will ya?

TinaTx said...

I hope you enjoy your cruise! The hubby and I took one for our 25th anniversary and had a wonderful time. We did use the internet cafe a bit but we still had kids at home (the oldest was 24 and the youngest was in high school)and that is how we kept in touch with them. The 'cafe' was a small room tucked way behind a bar on one of the lower decks - I didn't like it much in there so we didn't spend much time there!
Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Have fun... oh, and I love your private plane! lol

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Patricia said...

WOO HOOO ! Sounds like no kids !! Have a wonderful, relaxing time...LUCKY YOU !!

Significant Snail said...

Sip something wonderful for me! Nice plane....LOL

RoeH said...

Oooooo....sounds like fun. I wannananananan goooo.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation in the sun! Well-deserved! I look forward to your photos when you return.

Vee said...

You'd better not spend one moment missing us...have a blast, Suzanne! Now why in the world did you leave us with that danged web cam possibility? You know me, I could spend useless hours watching that thing looking for the two of you! =)

BittersweetPunkin said...

Have FUN!

Heidi said...

*paces frantically* Who's going to have Monday Staff Meeting?!?!?! I vote for Chocolate chic -
Have a great time my friend!

Mogsie said...

have a marvelous time you two!!
((hugs))

sue

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. *sigh* Looking our my window, I see sleet and snow. *big sigh*

Hope it is as wonderful for you as it sounds!

Anonymous said...

oops, anonymous is me! Clicked on the wrong button! I NEED a vacation too!

Jody Blue said...

Have fun!

Jill said...

Have a GREAT trip Suzanne! Look forward to seeing the photos. :)

Jenni said...

Sounds like a great trip! Have fun! I'll be traveling in the next several days, too--Towanda and Manhattan, Kansas. Yippee:o)

Meg said...

Have a fabulous and relaxing time! I just discovered your blog, love, love, love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, have fun! I love Cabo. One of my most favorite places in the world. Catch some big fish!

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Suzanne; I hope you and hubby have a very wonderful time. Oh and can you have some fun for me too... lots of fun..lol Take care... wish is was in your suitcase right now...

Hugs;
Alaura

Michelle said...

Have a wonderful time and soak up that warm weather!

Rue said...

Have a wonderful time with the Farmer Suzanne! Don't worry about us. I'm just going to be "borrowing" a few things from the house ;)

(((hugs)))
rue

Vee said...

Just checking up on you...I even looked at the web cam...undisturbed ocean view all the way.

Louise said...

I'm catching up, and you're soaking up the sun today. It's freezing here. FREEZING! Probably more freezing in Illinois. I'm happy for you!

(And I used to live near enough to that New Madrid fault, but it's just not the same as the California ones!)

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed dissecting every link in this post. I even spent 20 minutes going through all the levels, rooms and amenities of your ship. But, I miss you and can't wait until you get back home.
~di

Brenda said...

I wish we had a little more warning :) that you were going so we could have "prepared" ourselves for the week without your blog. :)

Skogkjerring said...

Wow- a cruise- I'm anxious to hear how much weight you gain...I've heard those cruises (or more specifically the food on them) can be dangerous to your waistline...but who cares right- it's vacation- hope it was a wonderful time!!

Judy said...

I just came back here to see where it was you were cruising! Funny thing...I live on the west coast...and but have never been down the Baja. I have cruised the Caribbean on several occasions...and plan to once more next month.

So how is it that your farmer flies alot? I'm just wondering what kind of farming involves taking flight? (This coming from another farmer's wife.)

Suzanne said...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Judy - The Farmer is the general manager of a large fresh herb operations with farms here in northern Illinois, Florida and Mexico. There are also packing operations in South Carolina and Illinois. They also buy herbs from around the world including Columbia and Israel.

- Suzanne