Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Desire to Head Out to Parts Unknown

So, the latest bout of wanderlust was triggered by the grim and grey scenery. As I drove along through the depressing landscape I glanced down and saw something sticking out of a side pocket attached to the passenger's side of my center console.

"What's that?" I wondered.

It was a map of Missouri. We haven't been through Missouri in a year and a half. It's been in my car all that time and I never noticed it.

Photobucket

On the front it says, "Official Highway Map - 2010-2012". Hmmmm, I guess all road changes and construction must cease for two years so that the map can remain accurate for two years! What is means to me is that I can plan a trip, if only in my mind.

I want to be this car.....

Photobucket

Heading down the highway behind that semi. I would love nothing more than to open a map and pick a spot.

Photobucket

Just go where my whim and my cash takes me. This area looks good, the Mark Twain National Forest. Good as any spot.

Photobucket

I'd just have to get off that main highway, head down County Road J and head west on County Road K which leads me to Wilderness, Missouri.

That sounds good to me. Just a change of scenery because we're going stir crazy with cabin fever and certainly southern Missouri is warmer than here.

Dreaming about leaving is sometimes just enough to give yourself a respite.

NOTE: One good thing about having most of the house in a uproar. It puts you on a tear to clean out closets and places that you can put in order while the rest is in chaos.




5 comments:

Vee said...

Really? You're off to Wilderness Missouri in February? You are the brave one. Truly.

Anonymous said...

I am with you, let's go anywhere. Long cold winter. (And I live south of you) linda

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Dreaming of taking a trip anywhere, while in the grip of dull winter blahs, is an excellent idea. I love it and hey why not Missouri? I have the cleaning bug too, mostly because when Spring does finally hit, I will be outside, no longer cooped up in a stuffy house! Dreaming of crocuses, daffodils and endless birdsongs, Donna

Terri said...

When we lived in the Twin Cities area I had the most awful urges to take off in my little Grand Am and drive to Anchorage AK. Boy, are we responsible types.

Anonymous said...

We had warm enough temps here yesterday that I was able to open the windows and air out the house. It was a windy day and just after a shower the air was fresh and clear. It was glorious. And the clouds were wonderful and rapidly changing all day. I'm a cloud watcher. It did usher in today's much cooler and more seasonal temps but I'll take what I can get.

And lastly...
Uhm is there supposed to be a car picture in this post?

Marily from Norfolk