Previously on "At Home..." I related the story of nearly puncturing my lung due to a undergarment malfunction.
Well, the undergarments are at it again. A while back I purchased a very expensive, good quality engineered support system. I was more than I'd ever spent for a item of clothing that would never see the light of day. But I have come to the conclusion that there's not a bra out there that can contain a piece of wire determined to escape.
It was obvious that no amount of pushing and lecturing would coax the wire to stay in it's place. I put the bra into dry dock and made plans for a repair.
I found a sturdy piece of fabric and cut a small patch. Working with tiny pieces of fabric isn't the easiest chore but many hours of sitting with my grandmother stitching small embellishments on hats gave me the necessary skills.
Using a piece of stong quilting thread I made tiny stitches all around, covering the hole in the trim that allowed the wire to escape.
We'll see if this patch holds. I certainly wouldn't want to get stabbed while dancing on my upcoming cruise!